Thursday, March 11, 2010

The back up date!

Ok, so I never updated you all on the back up date.  It was good.  It wasn't bad.  When did "well it isn't bad" turn into OK let's do it again.  Is accepting date #2 because I don't have anything else going on wrong?  Or, is it giving it time for things to develop?
 Josh, that was the back up date's name, was just kind of boring.  He was the guy that is probably always there, but you just never notice.  The conversation was fine, he wasn't ugly, and he did warn me about his sweaty attacks when he ate spicy food...and yes he ordered a spicy chicken sandwich and the sweat beaded off of him....but I was forewarned.  On a side note why would you do that?  It is not attractive to watch someone wipe the sweat off their brow while eating...this isn't an athletic event!! I digress...

Overall it was an enjoyable evening and I wasn't at home on the couch by myself.   We did the awkward hug good bye and said we would make plans.  He texted and emailed and called and I then returned his call.  After all he was a good guy and our conversation was good so why not?
When I got back from vacation I planned to call....give it the 'ol college try...why not it wasn't bad...right?

xoxo, the 30-something

No comments:

Post a Comment